Want A Cozy Winter Recipe?
Special THANK YOU to bariatric dietitian Lauren Gustafson for her Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili recipe!
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 3 medium boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp oil (I use avocado oil)
- 3 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 x 15 oz cans (3 cups) great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups corn
- 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Small bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup plain or Greek yogurt, fat 2%+
- 1 lime, juice of
- Tortilla chips, avocado, more yogurt, limes, for serving
- Preheat large ceramic non-stick skillet on medium-high heat and swirl oil to coat.
- Add garlic and onion, sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cumin, oregano, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- In a small bowl, add about 1 cup of beans and mash with a fork.
- Transfer to slow cooker along with broth, mashed and whole beans, corn, green chiles and chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 hours or on High for 3 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred with 2 forks.
- Return chicken to the crockpot along with lime juice, cilantro and yogurt.
- Stir and serve warm with your favorite toppings.
When you’re doing making this recipe, share a picture of it with us in the Facebook group!